Following first contact, we would meet you at the property or site to discuss your aims and aspirations for your project. At this stage we can gain an understanding of your priorities and motivations and offer some initial guidance on the design and regulatory process.
This initial meeting is offered free of charge and will be followed up with a fee proposal and Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS) appointment document. Fee proposals will adopt either a fixed fee lump sum, percentage of construction cost or hourly time charge.
Typical examples of the services that we provide are:
- Preliminary appraisals and pre-application advice submissions for developments including new house sites, camping /tourist accommodation.
- Planning applications for individual house sites / land development.
- New dwellings, renovations and extensions.
- Conversions of existing buildings to dwellings, guest house accommodation etc.
- Listed Building Consents and work in Conservation Areas.
- Commercial and agricultural buildings.
- Decrofting plans.
- Licensing applications.
If you would like to have an informal chat about your project, please feel free to contact us, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Preparation of the Brief
- At the start of a project we consider and collate your hopes and aspirations for the project including your ideas on accommodation requirements, aesthetic, finishes, renewable technologies, budget costs and timetable to help you develop your brief.
- Should a measurement survey of an existing building be required, or topographical survey of land, this will be undertaken.
- External consultants such as Structural Engineers, Energy Assessors, Drainage Engineers etc may be required and we can advise when their services will be needed.
- We develop your brief and present our initial proposals to you using sketches and drawings. Through the design process we often suggest ideas that you may not have considered previously.
- Once you are happy with the developed design, we prepare and submit a planning application to the Local Authority on your behalf.
- In certain circumstances a Pre-Application consultation with the Local Authority can gain insight into potential support from the Planning Officers and supporting information required, prior to the submission of the Planning Application.
Building Warrant application
- This is the technical approval required prior to any work commencing on site. Detailed construction drawings are prepared and submitted with the Building Warrant application to the Local Authority. Supporting information from other consultants e.g. structural engineer, energy consultant is also submitted where necessary.
Construction Documentation& Tender Administration
- The construction drawings and specifications are developed further to allow potential contractors to provide a quotation for the proposed works.
- Once tenders are received and assessed, we can advise on a suitable contract between you and your chosen contractor.
- During the construction phase, the contractor manages the building work and we can administer the contract between you and your contractor.
Post Completion Work
- We can assist with submitting Local Authority completions and finalising the contract between you and your contractor.